Web sites respond differently from other advertising media for two primary reasons. The first is that web users are incredibly impatient. The second is that they are incredibly smart. The more we treat people on the web like they are impatient and smart, the higher the conversion rate from visitor to phone call or contact forms.
So how exactly does a web site treat visitors as impatient and smart? By giving them what they want, on their terms, immediately and with humility.
Some of the specific ways you can achieve marketing success on the web are by making sure the following web marketing elements are in place on your web site’s home page.
1) Use a strong marketing headline that is focused on the site visitor.
2) Make your service or product the “hero” of the home page.
3) Use a clear “call to action”.
4) Be consistent with your branding.
5) Make it easy to contact you.
6) Use appropriate color and imagery.
7) Search engine optimize your site no matter how well known your brand is.
8) Use testimonials and brand logos from your business partners.
9) Interact intelligently with your site visitor.
Additional hints include putting your phone number at the bottom of every page, in the text, at the top and making sure it appears on your home page a minimum of four (4) times. Anything less and impatient users will miss it, costing you a potential phone call.
Your site visitors really are just as impatient and smart as you are, and they want to be treated that way. Executing the web marketing fundamentals in their entirety will greatly increase the conversion rate of visitor to contact.
For more information please contact the Search Engine Marketing Team at Schipul – firstname.lastname@example.org